Service Pack 1 for Vectorworks 2019 Released

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's just leftover from where you used to need to download the other bits manually, now that the new updater has been working fine we will likely just switch it to "Update" and "Cancel." Or, we may just skip that notification since the updater itself now presents that choice to the user directly. 

As for why we didn't do that preemptively: thats part of the background reasons we need a different UI solution. Changing something even that simple affects way more than it should.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

It also seems that when I go to About Vectorworks its still showing as SP1 not SP1.1.

This is intentional at least for now. For anyone going from sp0, theyll just get an "Sp1" as expected and both SP1.1 and SP1 will both update straight to SP2 once it comes out.

We have not yet decided how we want to handle the naming conventions for the more rapid and responsive updates we want to provide, but we certainly didn't want to delay the updates just because we hadn't settled on what to call them.

We don't want the comments on the articles because we can't track them the same way as we can when they're on a forum post, that's why we do the article and then have the conversation over here.

I wasn't able to replicate the file view issue before 1.1 and haven't looked into it closely myself yet, I'll take a look.

Well, some Glitches in Multi Pane View,

I have to hit my Numbers twice before it will switch between Wireframe Top Plan and OpenGL ISOs,

but beside it works well for me with Mojave 14.1 and VW SP1.0 +1.1

BTW

When OpenGL finally thrown out of macOS,

will we get new names for our 3D Modes ?

Like Vulkan Mode or Metal View ?

10 minutes ago, Richard Austin said:

Jim, Now Apple has just released 10.14.1 and VW has just released SP1.1. Does that mean that VW is now compatible with Mojave?? my not updating to Mojave is affecting all the other programme I need/run??

Your response would be appreciated. Regards Richard.

Sp1.1 does not have any major changes related to Mojave, we expect those changes to come in SP2, which does not have an official release date yet. If this changes before the SP2 release, I'll be posting about it here and on the article.

(SP5.1 for 2018 however, improved compatibility further but still doesn't support Mojave fully, which is expected in 2018 SP6.)

Just now, zoomer said:

When OpenGL finally thrown out of macOS,

will we get new names for our 3D Modes ?

Like Vulkan Mode or Metal View ?

I'm almost positive we will. We may also take that time to revamp the naming for "Projections" and "standard Views" and things like that to accommodate the multiple new types of things that now reside in those menus compared to when they were originally implemented.

Now I'm a bit confused.

I looked at the menu entries and dropdowns, they look familiar to me.

I even went to a standard workspace to see if my migrations missed

anything. Were there any new things since VW 2014 ?

And I currently can't imagine any more useful names for an Iso like

Iso or Front View = Front View.

While I see that "Standard Views" looks a bit bulky ....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

VW is still not remembering the last view of a saved file with 2019 SP 1.1

The Finder Icon Thumbnail ?

(That works for me)

Don't know if that is a new 1.1 issue,

but I tried to open the Help from VW and Safari says it can't open that Site.

While I can open the Help from my Bookmarks ....

Edited by zoomer

Well, after two days with SP1 and the new macOS 10.14.1 I gotta say, it works like a charm. Much better than 2018 pre mojave, much better than 2019 pre or post mojave. Faster, more stable specially with multiple doc tabs open. The angle constraint issue is gone, the text issue is gone. I haven't got any sudden close of the program, which I got a lot  in 2018 and 2019 pre SP1. Also, I strongly suggest to change the autosave option from n minutes to n actions. it will not try to save in the middle of a heavy action, minimizing the crashes. The downside is, while editing a symbol, when it saves, you have to exit the symbol and get in again because it becomes crazy.

In short, I don't know what you guys did but it's great now. thanks.

17 minutes ago, RafaelPernia said:

The downside is, while editing a symbol, when it saves, you have to exit the symbol and get in again because it becomes crazy.

I've noticed this in 2019 as well. Any time Autosave kicks in inside a Symbol, everything becomes un-selectable and you have to exit and re-enter to continue.

I suppose I should submit as a bug.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

For the time being I have downloaded VW Architect for Windows and synced files to Dropbox. That way, when I get the spinning ball on Mac Mojave, I switch to my windows laptop, open the same file, carry on and save regularly until the ball stops spinning ( (up to half an hour for arcs).  Then when the ball stops, I close the Mac version without saving, reopen the later windows edited file from Dropbox and carry on with the Mac until the next freeze. Not exactly efficient but at least I am not losing 1/2 hour blocks each time.  I may change to windows full time for CAD only,  if the issue goes on much longer but then will review the wider range of CAD software in that environment. For now,  I so much prefer OSX I will battle on, hoping the software engineers at VW are doing the same which no doubt they are.