Service Pack 1 for Vectorworks 2019 Released

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The first service pack for Vectorworks 2019 has been released.

While the compatibility between macOS 10.14 Mojave and Vectorworks has significantly improved, based on our internal testing, we still recommend that Vectorworks users DO NOT update to Mojave at this time.

We have reported all macOS Mojave issue uncovered in our testing to Apple. We will continue to work to resolve known issues and release fixes in subsequent service packs. We expect Apple will release an update to Mojave soon. For more information on macOS Mojave compatibility Click Here.

General Fixes in SP1:

• A large number of general stability improvements
  • Significant improvements to annotations and other container editing performance
  • Numerous fixes to undo operations
  • Fixes to issues related to object rotation

This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of fixes and improvements in the 2019 SP1 updater, please visit THIS PAGE.

Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Below is a summary of issues corrected and changes made between Vectorworks 2019 Release and Vectorworks 2019 SP1. A full list of all fixed issues listed with their bug IDs can be found HERE.

GENERAL:

Large number of general stability improvements (This item effectively summarizes almost 20% of the change list.)

Improvements to Revit import stability

Significant improvements to Annotations and other container editing performance

Numerous fixes to Undo operations

Fixed multiple issues related to Rotate

Corrected a stability problem when editing the opacity of duplicated objects

Fixed a problem that prevented PDF/A-1b export

Corrected issues related to icon display in the Resource Manager

Corrected stability problems related to Publish

Fixed a number of problems that arose from converting VWX files from 2018 to 2019

Fixed instances where OpenGL did not update to reflect certain types of changes to textures or component display.

RENDERING:

Corrected a stability issue related to Caustics

Fixed a problem with shadows not appearing on architectural geometry

Bump texture changes should now display in real time

ENTERTAINMENT:

Set Universe should now affect the correct fixtures

Corrected a problem where deleting certain ESCs could crash Vision

Lighting Devices should now respect Layer height on insertion

Instrument insertion rotation should now behave as expected

LANDMARK:

Saving a Hardscape will now acknowledge and save layered components

Corrected a highlighting issue related to Site Model Sculpting

ARCHITECT:

Section viewport rogue geometry issue should now be resolved

• Like 4
16 hours ago, zoomer said:

Does this mean no more problems with migrated files or that we better convert these files again ?

Generally: If you had issues, convert again. I think there were a few obvious issues with wall fills that were bothering people from the reports i had seen in Tech.

16 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

Is there a new update process?

Yes, the updater is now capable of updating itself which it had to do on the Windows side this time with a manual file download like before. From SP1 on mac and SP2 onward on windows, the updater will launch when you use Check for Updates and do all the file handling for you. It's also able to update only the bits that are needed for your installation, and minimize how big of a download is needed. This is the base of the tech that should eventually allow us to send more targeted updates for urgent issues to specific users or groups of users.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1
1 hour ago, Jim Wilson said:

Yes, the updater is now capable of updating itself which it had to do on the Windows side this time with a manual file download like before. From SP1 on mac and SP2 onward on windows, the updater will launch when you use Check for Updates and do all the file handling for you. It's also able to update only the bits that are needed for your installation, and minimize how big of a download is needed. This is the base of the tech that should eventually allow us to send more targeted updates for urgent issues to specific users or groups of users.

^ now this is a cool new feature..... 

KM

6 hours ago, Jim Wilson said:

Generally: If you had issues, convert again. I think there were a few obvious issues with wall fills that were bothering people from the reports i had seen in Tech.

Thanks Jim.

I haven't noticed anything so far with VW 2019.

(Had lots of problems with Styles into VW 2017 or 18)

But I converted already some of my projects and migrated my whole

Workgroup hierarchy.

Batch converting the whole Workgroup Folder wouldn't be that hard.

I see where a more 'intelligent" updater could be seen as a boon, but I'm the IT Manager in an environment where none of my users have local admin rights. Previously, I could perform updates via the updater's "silent install" option (and push that command out to my all my Macs with Apple Remote Desktop.) Doing this individually on every workstation would be a huge step backwards, if this is the only option. Is there a something similar to the silent install option using the updater app?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When does service pack 2 come out. Vectorworks 2019 with Mojave is almost unusable. 

-crashes when selecting structural members in plan view.

-crashes ALL the time

-graphics crashes with viewports after use

-rendering crashes after use

-memory leaks, graphics card issues, on and on and on. 

I know everyone is frustrated, but we need solutions. 

thank you

The frustration with VW 2019 on this forum is very reminiscent of several years ago...what has happened to the quality control and pride of issuing stable software. I personally feel that VW should be paying me/us to file all these bugs as it's become ridiculous. Sorry but here's NOT HAPPY.

I mean issue a release with less new features, but it's got to be usable software at a minimum.

Edited by Patrick Fritsch
  • Like 2

All in all for me it looks like every usual release before.

lots of glitches, usable without larger pain starting from SP2,

A certain percentage of glitches may be never fixed.

I just wonder why it is that way especially this year,

as it was said this special release won't get any (completly) new

features (=true) but all the focus is on stability and improvements.

How would that have ended if it was a standard new feature rich

release like the years before.

But this year for the Mac Version, when so many users allowed to

update to Mojave from day one (or even with the first public Beta)

plus macOS update this year not breaking selective Features only,

that you maybe were able to circumference, but basically making

the whole App unusable.

So for Mac users even a worse release.

I think most parts will be fixed so far in 1-2 months,

then 9 month of working until next September ...

So for me, business as usual.

🙂

Edited by zoomer

Hi All,

I''m interested in testing SP1 and Mojave (10.14.1)... I am on a 2013 MacPro 6 core, D700, 64GB RAM..  

I've installed Mojave on an external drive, My internal drive is set up with High Sierra and is running VW 2019 SP1 very well.. no unusual artifacts or crashes..

So far, the external drive with a fresh install of Mojave and a fresh install of SP1 seems to be working fine.

What are the specific bugs folks have encountered? Also, what machines/specs are folks running who seemingly have no issues?

Chime in and I'll attempt to replicate if I can... I'm looking for verification that my setup may be stable/usable with Mojave SP1..

I have some other reasons for wanting to upgrade to Mojave if I can run SP1 without issues...

I updated to Mojave on the System SSD,

but cloned my previous High Sierra to an external Backup SSD before.

(As my only High Sierra Back Switch)

Also Hardware Specs are pretty much the same beside missing 40 GB.

I don't encounter any serious issues,

so I am short before overwriting my High Sierra Backup finally with my

Mojave with this monthly BackUp (?)

1 hour ago, Jim Wilson said:

One thing that's a bit odd about the new updater and update method is that VW still says "Would you like more information?" when it detects an update but then goes directly into the update process instead of giving me more information and a choice to update.

It also seems that when I go to About Vectorworks its still showing as SP1 not SP1.1.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 2