Objects disappear when I move them

cdecker6

Question

I am working with Vectoworks 2018 on Mac OS Mojave.

When I open up my file on my laptop I will start to move and item. Once I place it somewhere it disappears. The only indication that it is still there is when I hover over it. It's been doing this to the same file. Even when I duplicate the file it does it. It also took five minutes to type: WAGON D. Also, when I draw a line i will type 4' and hold down shift. When I do this it completely ignores that I typed a number. I opened up the file on my iMac today and the file is doing the same thing. In general Vectoworks seems very slow. This is a larger file, but in the past neither computer has had problems loading the files. Any ideas on whats causing this and how to fix it? My best guess is Vectoworks isn't working well with the new mac update?

P.S: To be clear, I have already check my layer/class visibility. All of which are in the normal settings that I use.

3 answers to this question

I realize this post is a few years old, however, I'm having the exact same situation and I don't want to fix it by having to upgrade to a newer version of VW. I 'm currently running VW Designer 2018 which serves me well aside from this OS update. Based on this thread, I'm assuming I need to go back to Mojave? I certainly hope that's not the case and that VW has a patch.