2019 Insert truss tool broken

Mike Wright

Question

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, SCParker said:

What happens if duplicate before dragging? Do they snap correctly? Rather than copy/duplicate-drag method?

I think its an issue with how the truss objects snap into a "system" not snaps in general. When I tried it after seeing this post, it was only when the entire truss object highlights red that the offset occurred. If I snap using snap points there's no issue. I tried with duplicating and also with separately drawn pieces. Still the same issue.

Kevin

I just played with this for a bit. For me it's working in the last three builds I've been testing. BUT, the truss file I was testing with crashed a build from June.

I"m wondering if it could have something to do with the model of truss? I was testing with Christie truss.

Edited by SCParker
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The issue appears to be with truss that has a rotation value of 180º in the Truss Properties>Connections window.  I tested several kinds of truss on the latest internal builds and saw the same issue regardless of Male/Female or Neutral/Neutral connection.  I will file a bug on this issue. 

Bug filed-VB-155092

Edited by JustinVH
Adding bug number
  • Like 1