Texture mapping badly broken in VW2018

MHBrown

Question

I have a feeling everyone knows this, but just in case here it is: texture mapping in VW2018 is badly broken. The Attribute mapping tool barely works and it just now stopped working. Here is how it goes: I click a 3D object and the screen would go blank. I do command-6 to bring it back. Click with the Attribute Mapping tool. Blank screen as the object disappeared into the ether. Command-6 and begin stretching the texture. It only works for so long, however, and eventually the Attribute tool does nothing. Nothing. Did I mention Nothing? In OpenGL mode (so I can actually see the texture) many objects are not able to be selected--even if I lock everything else. Really, this is horrible. It is so horrible, in fact, that this is now a deal breaker. Unless this is fixed VW2018 will be my last version. Add no more"features" until this is fixed. You have gone down the road as a 3D application, so now you have to finish the drill. If I'm doing something wrong, fine. Please tell me. But I did not have this problem in VW 2016 or 2017. Thank you for your time.

MH

1 answer to this question

Yes, it's highly dysfunctional. I'll add to your list that it can also cause Vectorworks to crash, but there does not seem to be a particular set of circumstances that cause it to do so, just repeated use. After a crash and restart, it will usually work again on the offending object / texture.