Worksheet Flow to Multiple Panes

Kenn Bates, FASLA, PLA

Question

Is it possible to display a worksheet on a drawing to flow into multiple panes? I have a long worksheet that is pulling title block style data to create a sheet index for a large project - and it is working great. However, it is long (165+ rows) and if I scale it to fit within the sheet border, the text is too small. I would like to "flow" the worksheet through a couple side-by-side panes/views so that it is legible. Any suggestions, or what am I missing in the worksheet preferences?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

This would be a great improvement. I find using images in worksheets tricky for this reason too as the images make the rows higher and next thing you know the worksheet is running off the bottom of your drawing. (While they are at it perhaps the image function could be tidied up too so the look better).

• Like 1

I have shortened my worksheet with the use of additional criteria such as a specific layer or class or a record field value.   For instance, you could create one worksheet for the units on one floor and a second worksheet for the units on a different floor simply by including the floor plan layer in the Database Header Criteria.  These worksheets can then sit next to each other instead of in a single column. 

I've also thought it could be possible to create one worksheet that just showed the images and the tags as a unit types legend while a second worksheet that shows the full schedule without the images in tightly spaced rows. 

47 minutes ago, Joe-SA said:

I have shortened my worksheet with the use of additional criteria such as a specific layer or class or a record field value.   For instance, you could create one worksheet for the units on one floor and a second worksheet for the units on a different floor simply by including the floor plan layer in the Database Header Criteria.  These worksheets can then sit next to each other instead of in a single column. 

I've also thought it could be possible to create one worksheet that just showed the images and the tags as a unit types legend while a second worksheet that shows the full schedule without the images in tightly spaced rows. 

Good suggestion. I'll keep that in mind as an option.