Blue Glitch when moving cursor

Alicia Montero

Question

I have recently downloaded the free educational version of Vectorworks 2019 for PC. The screen flashes blue whenever I move the cursor after drawing a line. I can't think of an intentional reason why it might do this and I have redownloaded the programme to see if it was just a problem with the download. Has anyone had the same problem and know how to address it?

Many thanks 

screenshot of vectorworks.jpg

24 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, carl said:

i just upgraded to 2019 and i have the same blue screen flashing issue - is there a fix for this?

It looks like you have that Intel integrated card, as well as a dedicated Nvidia GPU that should be being utilized instead. These steps should let you force Vectorworks to use the superior GPU:

• Like 1
On 11/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, Jasmine flores said:

I am also having this problem. 

DxDiag.txt

it looks like this machine (Inspiron 5570 from what I can tell) only has an integrated Intel graphics card which is below the minimum specifications needed to run Vectorworks. You MIGHT be able to get back normal function by going to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics and setting it to Best Compatibility, worth a try.

Also having this issue. I have an AMD RADEON display adapter. I would greatly appreciate any help!

DxDiag.txt

EDIT: The best compatibility fix given to JASMINE FLORES above seems to have solved my issues. However, I am curious if there is a way to use my Radeon?

Edited by RKilpatrick
Adding addition information to post.
On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, RKilpatrick said:

Also having this issue. I have an AMD RADEON display adapter. I would greatly appreciate any help!

DxDiag.txt

EDIT: The best compatibility fix given to JASMINE FLORES above seems to have solved my issues. However, I am curious if there is a way to use my Radeon?

Hello Jim, Since my last post it has started happening again, with the best compatibility fix. Any advice for us Radeon folks?

7 minutes ago, RKilpatrick said:

Hello Jim, Since my last post it has started happening again, with the best compatibility fix. Any advice for us Radeon folks?

Apologies, this is possible on the AMD side but I only have standardized steps for Nvidia, AMD has a few different controller applications and the settings appear differently per card sometimes as well. I would check with the machine's manufacturer on how to ONLY use the dedicated card, especially in a multi monitor setup if that is even possible on that hardware, which is not always the case.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Victoria C said:

I have just downloaded the free educational version 2019 and I am having this same problem. I'd love to get some help/advice on this. 

Many thanks, Victoria

DxDiag.txt

Your machine looks to only have a Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, which is below the minimum GPU specifications for Vectorworks:

https://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2019

More than likely this is happening ebcause you are running Vectorworks 2015 on an OS it doesnt have support for, I think 2015 was last supported on 10.11. You will most likely need to use the latest version of Vectorworks (I recommend specifically sP3 of Vectorworks 2019 for Mavericks) which you should be able to download free of charge from the student portal. Otherwise you would need to roll back your operating system to an older version.

• Like 1

Hi!  I have been using 2017 but recently upgraded to 2019.  It worked for about 30 mins before the blue flashing screen as above and I can't seem to now do anything.  Sadly the fix suggested above for Jasmine hasn't worked, is there anything else I can try please?  Am using a Dell XPS laptop, so assume as above it is a graphics issue.  Any suggestions gratefully received.  Thank you! Nicki