Model command

Anrika

Question

I have Vectorworks 2018. All of a sudden, after hours of normal work, the Model ( add, subtract, intersect and section ) command does not appear as available ( grey ). I quit and restarted, installed updates and reset everything and it still is unavailable. Has anyone encountered this? 

4 answers to this question

I am assuming these menu commands remain greyed out when you have two or more solids objects selected, since their normal menu state is greyed out. A couple of things I would try -

1. Create a new blank file (rather than from a template), make some simple extrudes and see if the commands become available.
  2. Switch workspaces (Tools>Workspaces) and try again. Perhaps your workspace has become corrupted.

Kevin

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Anrika said:

Hello Kevin, Solved! I had already created a blank file and had only tried to section a sphere with a 2d rectangle to no avail. I substituted the rectangle with an extruded line and it worked! "Extruded" was the keyword here! Thank you so much!

Convert the 2d rectangle to a NURBS surface using Command Option K (Mac). All objects used with solids operations need to be true 3d objects.

Kevin

• Like 1