How to render a slab with different texture on the sides

tismacfan2

Hello

I have a drawn a slab wich I use as a covering stone. I can render these slab in the same texture, but that is not the effect I want.

I'd like the top en one side in a texture, the other side must be a other texture because there must be a different between the inside and the outside of my slab;

But can anyone give me a tip how to do this. Because when I look in the render settings I just can change te top and de Both sides of the slab.

Thanks voor de tip

Pascal

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Did you draw it with the Slab tool? If so, select it, and on the Object Info palette, click the Render tab. Ensure that Mode is set to By Object (instead of By Component).

Now, use the Part field to choose which part of the Slab you would like to texture, and select your desired. texture. Repeat for other parts.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Ah, OK, sorry, I misunderstood your question. No, there is no way to pick specific sides within the Slab itself.

So, I would probably generate some geometry to cover the side you wish to render differently as follows:

Use the Extract tool to extract a surface, and click on the face of the slab that you wish to change. Press Enter. This will create a new NURBS surface to cover the slab.You can apply any texture you like to this surface.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1