VW 2019 after one week

A lot of nice improvements so kudos for the upgrades! Especially like the improved launch time & faster renders.

Still a fly or three  in the ointment here & there:

- Notification crashes VW when selected 

- The Quick Keys to align the change in wall types has never been re-instated (since it was removed in VW 2014?)

- Still can't control the output of the Interior Elevation Marker to eliminate the Sheet # or customize the marker

- Gird Bubble tool is still not ready for prime time

- Spelling does not migrate to the new version so the first few files will take longer to spell check ( & it's not just COLOUR, lots of common short forms need to be reentered) 

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

was that about SP-1?

It was. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Selecting Notification Icon still causes VW to crash.

I still can not get the message center to crash here, however I heard it happened to one of our sales people, I'm going to pay him a visit.

I'm a week in to 2019 SP1 now Jim x2  and everyone. I trial it (survey production in 3d) before rolling it out to our 4 x licenses. I have to say I've found it to be very tactile and user friendly compared to 18. I've had little time to mess about but the clip cube viewport is a gods-send and will save so much time. I havent had too many issues but there are a few! Sometimes it seems to "forget" and needs re-booting. Sometimes roofs/floors go unsolid for no reason (save, close, open, ok again) . On one occasion the layer model produced ghost walls I had not built copied from one design layer to another! (save, close, open, ok again) It's always hard changing over in the middle of a day job but I will provide feedback as I can. Cheers D

On 10/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, Jim Smith said:

A lot of nice improvements so kudos for the upgrades! Especially like the improved launch time & faster renders.

Still a fly or three  in the ointment here & there:

- Notification crashes VW when selected 

- The Quick Keys to align the change in wall types has never been re-instated (since it was removed in VW 2014?)

- Still can't control the output of the Interior Elevation Marker to eliminate the Sheet # or customize the marker

- Gird Bubble tool is still not ready for prime time

- Spelling does not migrate to the new version so the first few files will take longer to spell check ( & it's not just COLOUR, lots of common short forms need to be reentered) 

Does it have a new door tool to allow custom bi-folding patio doors? Does it have an improved stair tool?

Edited by Cadplan Architecture