Sheet layer set to view?

HEengineering

Question

5 answers to this question

You could try working with the Separate Sheet Views preference turned on. It separates how VW remembers the last sheet layer position vs the last design layer position. Unfortunately it remembers a different zoom position for each different sheet layer so it can be disconcerting when navigating between sheet layers. I try it every once and a while and then turn it off again.  I've always wished that this preference only made the distinction between design layers and sheet layers as a group. Maybe I'll wish list that.....

( @Jim Wilson I'm curious if many users toggle this preference on, do analytics get specific enough to tell? )

Kevin

1694011323_ScreenShot2018-10-05at7_05_18AM.thumb.png.bbd9dab537728ae1c23cdc6419dd7c2b.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, Kevin McAllister said:

( @Jim Wilson I'm curious if many users toggle this preference on, do analytics get specific enough to tell? )

I can't find a way to pull that from the database, but I'm not an expert. I have a few views set up but they mainly focus on tools and commands usage and hardware specs. I'll check!

I know I ALWAYS work with this setting on, but I often have only 1-2 sheet layers with many viewports on them for render demos and my usage isn't typical especially compared to an architectural doc.

• Like 1