Camera Match Photo import orientation

HEengineering

Question

17 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 minutes ago, PonyB said:

I'm having the same issue as HEengineering - my photo imports rotated 90 degrees left. I've rotated the file on my computer but no matter what I do it rotated 90 degrees left. Any thoughts please?

Hi Henry,

Can you send me the image file privately?

Also, please tell me what version of vectorworks you're using (please include the service pack number).

Hi Matt!  Hope you are doing well. I was posting under the HEengineering, but I'm no longer with them. So I may post more under this handle going forward. I'm also now on Widows(deep sigh). I was able to find a work around (again) in that I imported the image I was using into the photos app and then resaved/re exported. Then once re-imported it got the orientation correct. I tried a few other photos and they all behaved the same prior to re exporting. Let me know if you have any questions. File attached.

Photo orientation bug.vwx

1 hour ago, Moto2 said:

Hi Matt!  Hope you are doing well. I was posting under the HEengineering, but I'm no longer with them. So I may post more under this handle going forward. I'm also now on Widows(deep sigh). I was able to find a work around (again) in that I imported the image I was using into the photos app and then resaved/re exported. Then once re-imported it got the orientation correct. I tried a few other photos and they all behaved the same prior to re exporting. Let me know if you have any questions. File attached.

Photo orientation bug.vwx 19.14 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Matt!  Thanks for the clarification.  I now know who you are. 🙂 

Can also you attach the original image file that was importing incorrectly?

Thanks @Moto2,

Sadly, I still cannot reproduce the issue in Vectorworks 2021 (622768).

I tried deleting the existing images out of the file you sent, then imported the image via the Camera Match Settings dialog.

If possible, can you send a screen video showing the steps to reproduce the problem?

No worries Matt. It was totally random and I have a pretty simple work around that seems get it done, which is hasn't re-occurred since. It seems to be a totally random interpretation of a photo or 2.  I always appreciate the quick response and effort! I hope the demand for the feature stays strong. It was a great tool for me at the last job and continues to be one here. I dont know what I would do without it!!

4 minutes ago, Moto2 said:

No worries Matt. It was totally random and I have a pretty simple work around that seems get it done, which is hasn't re-occurred since. It seems to be a totally random interpretation of a photo or 2.  I always appreciate the quick response and effort! I hope the demand for the feature stays strong. It was a great tool for me at the last job and continues to be one here. I dont know what I would do without it!!

Thanks Matt,

It's certainly a strange one but luckily easy to work around.

As always, I'm glad to see how well Camera Match has worked for you! 🙂 

1 hour ago, newtdog1000 said:

Hi there, 

I'm using vwx 2020 and this issue is currently occurring for me...

As suggested above, I've just opened a copy of the file and re-imported and sadly it didn't work... The image continues to be rotated by 90 degrees. 

Did anyone find a way of resolving this? 

Maybe try opening the image file in an image editor, make sure the orientation is correct, save it, then re-import?