Symbol Record formats

This time, with my database experiments, I made several symbols and attached a record format to them.

Then I edited the symbol definitions and changed the records for each of the symbols.

When I placed the symbols following this, the individual instances on some have the new records attached, but on some of the symbols types the records are stuck on the defaults. If I go to edit mode, the symbol data is what I want it to be, but not the instances on the page.

I've no idea why it worked on some and not others?????

cheers,

N.

But that's just it, Petri, it has. On 2 of the symbols anyway.

This "anomoly" aside, If I wanted a "set" of symbols to share a common Record Format, but specific details; EG Cupboard doors, painted blue/painted red/painted green, with round handles/ square handles etc Identified and counted onto a work sheet............ I thought I'd make door symbos with a size-colour-handle common Record format and attach the specific info to specific symbols and then place them as needed.

Is this not right?

N.

I think we're talking at crossed purposes here Petri.

What I mean is;

I set up a record format. It has default values.

I created a number of symbols.

I attached the record format to each of the symbols.

I went in to the symbols and changed the default record information to the desired record information for each particular symbol. All the symbol definitions now show the desired record information

After setting up each of the symbols, if I now place instances of the symbols, 2 out of the 3 show the records I attached to their definitions, but 1still shows the default values, even though the correct values show in the symbol definition.

That's the problem.

N.