Vanishing layer issue, any ideas

Hi,

I'm sure this is just something I don't know about but this is my issue.

On a new document I will make several layers and they will work as normal (ie, when I create a new layer it will appear in the design layer and I can activate it and work on it whilst seeing the other layers).

Occasionally in a new document I will make a new layer, the program will activate it and then ALL THE OTHER LAYRES ARE NOT VISIBLE Unless I click back to them, in which case the layer I have created is not visible. I have 'show/snap/modify others' active so it can't be that. 

I think this is happening after I import a DWG (as most of my designs start with a room layout from a hotel or venue), in this case the only way I can find to get a new layer that stays visible is to duplicate the imported DWG layer and then delete all the duplicate info in the layer.

Anyone know how to stop my layers vanishing! 

Edited by Tcourse

If I get that correct,

you are not missing the Layers you created in Organisation or Navigation Palette,

but you are missing the geometry or content of these Layers in your Design Layer

Views ?

So, do you accidentally have "Unified View" disabled or using unsuitable sub-settings ?