Wheres my Basic Tool Palette?

Michael Gilbert

Question

Really dumb question but cannot find Basic Tool Palette on screen anywhere. No option under Workspaces to show/hide.

Not listed under Window>Palettes menu.

Also, any way to change Palette default colours? All these greys - brilliant camouflage but not great for old eyes.

VW 2017 Fundamentals/Architect. Macs.

Thanks

Michael 

Edited by Michael Gilbert
Missed info.

5 answers to this question

Did you find it?  If not, couple ideas:

1.  It's hidden behind another palette, maybe in closed mode displaying as the header bar.  Drag each visible palette away to look underneath.

2.  The palette pref for "Auto Hide ...... Palettes"  (Docked or Floating or both) is enabled and causing the Basic Palette to display as only the header bar.

3.  The Basic Palette is switched off via red button or via the pref checkmark in Window>Palettes.  Basic and Tool Sets are near the bottom of the pref dialog. Well below controls for the other palettes.

OK, HTH

-B

Palettes.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
screen shot
  • Like 1

Hi Benson

thanks for input. I did hunt around on the screen as closed mode. Using 3 screens so sometimes off somewhere!

Not listed in Window>Palettes.

180930-0001.thumb.jpg.6b3d0a3688a144716e8faa462f88d34e.jpg

Have not found but switching Workspaces and palette shows up.

So somehow I have managed to disable via Workspace editor - not sure how as showing in the editor!

The Basic Palette is switched off via red button - where's that?

Appreciate help.

Michael

Hi, Michael.

Sorry, I'm looking at v2018 and see you requested info re v2017.  My v2017 does not activate anymore. Probably because two version limit, and I loaded v2019.  So, real answers will have to come from others.

Here is screenshot of v2018 Window>Palettes. Basic and Tool Sets are separated from the others.  No clue why!  I see they are missing from your v2017 list, at least in one workspace.

Also, regarding Red Button:  I went on autopilot thinking all windows (dialogs, palettes, drawing windows, text windows in other software, etc, etc. . .) have a red button.  Not so on the current vwx palettes (but I think some previous vwx version palettes had the buttons).  I'm too oblivious to see it on my own screen. LOL!

-B

Palettes.png

• Like 1