What is in that class?

Joe Fox

Is there a way to see what objects are in a specific class, other than using the Active Only visibility?  I am converting/cleaning/standardizing several files and I am finding nested classes that I don't know what they all are, but because they are nested, I cant just select that class to see what it contains because it could be inside a symbol or group with a different class.  is there any way to select a class and get a report of what is in it?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Probably the Visibility tool, if you set it to Class mode, then hover over a given object, it should highlight all objects in that class and then let you change their visibility right from there if you like. Select Similar can also do this but then select the objects rather than just altering their visibilities if you edit its preferences and just set it to Other Attributes: Class.

Worksheet Database

Criteria  Class IS "My Class Name".  Check the In Group and InSymbol check boxes.

Set Columns for:

=L  (gives the layer name)

=T (gives the object type)

=N (gives the object name if there is one)

You can then right click in the row header and Select the object. It will work like Force Select and change the visibilities so the object will be visible and zoom in to show it.

• Like 4