Migrated VW2018 to VW2019 Rendering/Orbit Issue

jstroming

Question

I upgraded to VW2019 from VW2018 and am having an awful issue...my projects open fine in Wireview, however when I choose a different renderer (I use Open GL) it immediately shows blinking blocks around the entire workspace area, see images below. These blocks change patterns constantly regardless of whether I move through the workspace with the orbit tool. I also included the image of when I first open the project and as you can see it looks fine. 

This happens with all of my projects and does not happen in 2018 with projects I have not yet migrated to VW2019. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.1fab6c89feb516fd3790958529f135e1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

CaptureGood.PNG

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

First, unplug any external monitors from this machine for testing. It looks like your machine has two graphics cards, an integrated one and a dedicated Nvidia Quadro, but its using the weaker integrated option. You should be able to correct this via these steps:

After doing this, reboot, then relaunch Vectorworks and let me know the results. If it still behaves well at that point, connect the monitors back up and make sure the issue doesnt recur.

• Like 1