Improved control for road geometry & vertical geometry?

Nakyma

Question

I just purchased Landmark 2019 and noticed that site modeling tools, especially road tools are very limited for actual 3D designing work. In real life we never design flat roads or pathways. The profile is always sloping to one or both sides (convex) and profies will merge to each other around junctions. Vertical alignment is also difficult without proper tools.

I would like to have a slitting tool (Pardon my English, I hope that this is correct word...) where one would see and adjust vertical profile of the whole road in flat 2D projetion. It is very awkward approach to model a road or pathway stitching a bunch of small flat sections together.

Another tool I am missing is 3D-offset tool which would offset center line of a road so that you could create a convex profile. Usually I design roads and pathways with Microstation & Terra Model add-on. Terra Model has this kind of 3D offset tool and it has been extremely handy and very productive.

Edited by Nakyma
  • Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet