Plug-ins for Site modeling?

Nakyma

I just purchased a couple of Landmark 2019 licences for our office. We would like to use them for Site modeling but the modeling tools are very limited - for road objects especially. I wonder are there some third-party site modeling plug-ins available for Landmark? The stock road tools are more or less toy grade. I can't see us using them for precise designing work.

@Nakyma Not that I'm aware of.

Is your desire to have a road grading tool that can create parabolic vertical curves that can respond to horizontal curved alignments. Would you also want to apply a road profile that essentially extrudes along your road centerline in such a way that it can super elevate or simply a crowned profile with 1:50 or similar slope and curb and gutter then sufficient width to provide for sidewalks and lastly a set variable for the cut and fill slopes to return to grade?

I imagine you bought the software for other reasons than the site modeling tool, if so what were your reasons for purchasing?

Hi,

Yes, those are the things I would like to do. I would like to see a couple of other site shaping tools as well but advanced conrol for road sloping would be on top of my list.

The main reason for us to purchase Vectorworks Landmark was that we need an application which can save site models to IFC format and our current design application (Microstation CAD & Terra Model) can't do that. I used to export site models in dwg format but demand for IFC models is increasing all the time.

I was hoping that we could do at least some part of site modeling in Vectorworks but site design tools are so limited that I am afraid that we have to continue site modeling with Microstation & Terra Model and just export the model to IFC with Landmark.

Edited by Nakyma
typos
  • Like 1