section line tool oddity

jnr

Thanks Jim.

To some exterior elevations I added section references of existing section viewports (that are noted on the plan as advertised) which is when the red link shows up. I don't suppose there's a way to display the section references on the plan and the elevations automatically (referencing the same section viewport)? 

-J

@Jim Wilson I created a section from an unlinked section marker using the button in the OIP. Instead of linking it to the section marker with the broken link I started from VW created a whole new section marker. Is this intended behaviour? Also because the link symbol doesn't highlight when a section marker is highlighted it was hard to figure out which marker to delete.

Kevin

17 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Kevin,

When creating a section from an unlinked Section-Elevation Marker, it should convert the Section-Elevation Marker into a Section Line. You should not be left with both. Can you reproduce this behavior?

Hi Matt,

The next time I tried it worked as you described. Perhaps the first time was an anomaly.

I am having trouble with snapping in the Annotations space of the Section Viewports I'm creating. The cutting planes have snaps, but elements beyond the cutting plane do not. If I toggle on Show Other Objects When In Edit Modes the snaps become active but they disappear again if I toggle it off again. This has happened for every Section Viewport I've created so far so I expect its a bug.

I'm also finding that Sheet Layer Viewports go out of date very easily, even just from closing and reopening a file (the cache option is turned on).

Cheers,

Kevin

(PS. I like how clear your reply was with the bold text 🙂)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

The next time I tried it worked as you described. Perhaps the first time was an anomaly.

OK, good. If you can get a reproducible case, please submit a bug, or let us know.

I am having trouble with snapping in the Annotations space of the Section Viewports I'm creating. The cutting planes have snaps, but elements beyond the cutting plane do not. If I toggle on Show Other Objects When In Edit Modes the snaps become active but they disappear again if I toggle it off again. This has happened for every Section Viewport I've created so far so I expect its a bug.

Hmm... I don't see that happening. Can you submit a bug with a test file so we can have a look?

I'm also finding that Sheet Layer Viewports go out of date very easily, even just from closing and reopening a file (the cache option is turned on).

I believe this problem is fixed for SP1.

(PS. I like how clear your reply was with the bold text 🙂)

Thanks!

I wanted to make clear the names of these two very similar objects. 🙂