Looking for feedback from Imac Pro users

HI everyone

My Macpro is nearing the end of its productive days and at this point, it looks like my only option is an Imac Pro. I'm not a big fan of the glossy 27" screen but it looks like I might not have much choice. I realize there is a new release of the Macpro slated for 2019 but I don't think I can wait that long. 

Just wondering if anyone with an Imac Pro can chime in with there experience so far?

Are you looking to run your new machine 6+ years?

It currently looks overbuilt for VW but this will change.

Thanks very much.

I picked up a used mid-level cylinder Mac Pro (6,1) to tide me over until the Pro machines are announced later this year. At that point I'll revisit my use case. Does fine for me with VW, Maya, MochaPro, After Effects, Final Cut, and Nuke. Sure it's not as fast as the maxed out iMac Pro, but It's also not $20,000 🙂

This also lets me use my old 30" matte Apple monitor as well (gotta have a special dongle thingy tho, so be aware)

I do typically run Mac desktops as a primary for 6+ years and then they move to secondary functions with some upgrades (ram, HD typically)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JohnAthayde said:

I picked up a used mid-level cylinder Mac Pro (6,1) to tide me over until the Pro machines are announced later this year. At that point I'll revisit my use case. Does fine for me with VW, Maya, MochaPro, After Effects, Final Cut, and Nuke. Sure it's not as fast as the maxed out iMac Pro, but It's also not $20,000 🙂

This also lets me use my old 30" matte Apple monitor as well (gotta have a special dongle thingy tho, so be aware)

I do typically run Mac desktops as a primary for 6+ years and then they move to secondary functions with some upgrades (ram, HD typically)

Great feedback @JohnAthayde thanks