Fixtures not Showing Up?

Hey! It's me again!

I have another question/challenge. When I finish drawing my lights out on vectorworks and I import it to vision, my Wybron Nexeras don't seem to show up.

I've checked out the fixture modes and made sure that this instrument was compatible with vision.

Btw, as I have said in a previous post, I am new here, so any direction would be helpful!

Hope I didn't bother!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are you using the CDM or Tungsten Nexeras? And are these the Wide Nexeras??

I may not be able to help as much with this one, but I would try clicking Help->Update Libraries to ensure that your copy of Vision has the latest content 😉

4 minutes ago, bbudzon said:

Are you using the CDM or Tungsten Nexeras? And are these the Wide Nexeras??

I may not be able to help as much with this one, but I would try clicking Help->Update Libraries to ensure that your copy of Vision has the latest content 😉

I have updated my vision 8D 

It shows up in my patch, but not on the rendering itself. 

Edit: Also doesn't show in Scene Graph

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by Cadesence
1 minute ago, Edward Joseph said:

Are you seeing anything in the Vision window at all? Any geometry, truss, anything?

Are these lights listed in the scene graph if you expand ROOT?

I'm seeing most of my file, I have the set, and the rest of my fixtures, it's just the nexeras that aren't showing up.

The nexeras themselves are not listed in the scene graph if I expand ROOT.

3.PNG

Edited by Coleen Apostol

Yep! We looked over it and figured out what's wrong. It was our error - that fixture was made for Vision a long time ago, and was overlooked when we renamed everything to work with newer versions of Vision. 

The fixture team is working on a fix and as soon as it's done, I will send you an email with instructions on how to update that fixture.

I'm having the same issue.

In my model, I have the current list:
10 - Martin Rush PAR2 RGBW Zoom

6   - Martin Mac Quantum Wash

4   - Martin Rush MH1 Profile Plus

2   - Martin Rush MH5 Profile

3   - Martin Rush MH6 Wash

6   - Martin Rush MH6 Wash CT

Everything looks fine and dandy in VW but when I send it to Vision18 all I see are the 6 Quantum Wash and the 3 Quantum MH6.

I've tried a few things already including updating the library but all I see is geometry.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 12.05.15 PM.png

Hey Zeke, this is likely a separate issue. 99% of the time when fixtures don't show up in the patch window or the scene graph, but you can see the geometry - they have no fixture mode assigned in Vectorworks. Not assigning a fixture mode in the object info palette will make the fixtures come over as simple 3d geometry. 

1 hour ago, Edward Joseph said:

Yep! We looked over it and figured out what's wrong. It was our error - that fixture was made for Vision a long time ago, and was overlooked when we renamed everything to work with newer versions of Vision. 

The fixture team is working on a fix and as soon as it's done, I will send you an email with instructions on how to update that fixture.

That's wonderful! Thank you so much for your help!

5 hours ago, Edward Joseph said:

Hey Zeke, this is likely a separate issue. 99% of the time when fixtures don't show up in the patch window or the scene graph, but you can see the geometry - they have no fixture mode assigned in Vectorworks. Not assigning a fixture mode in the object info palette will make the fixtures come over as simple 3d geometry. 

I see, the interesting thing is that even though I'm entering fixtures from my VW library there are no modes on lights like the Rush MH5 Profile even in the browse window.

• 9 months later...