Callout text justification to leader line

Gadget

Question

10 answers to this question

Prior to VW 2015, it used to do this automatically. Then in 2015 they introduced the ability to manually set the "Horizontal Text Alignment" to Left/Center/Right/Justify; however this took away the ability to have it automatically adjust based on the direction of the leader, which I find SUPER annoying.

They should definitely add an "Auto" option to that field.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 1

While we're at making this tool more awesome - how about splitting it out to have a text callout (fixing the justifcation in the process!) and a keynote callout in the flyout menu? When you use keynotes for sections and elevations then switch over to text callouts for detailing, you have to go and set it all up again and vice versa. 

2021594628_Callout.thumb.png.f17be1915e096b75ed6594949d7fcc97.png

Edited by Aspect_Design
  • Like 2

Yes, please again! And please fix the stand alone leader line so that it is more useful (or maybe one should say actually useful.)   There seem to be two options currently.

a) get the text and leader lines the way you want them, then copy justify the next one.  

If you want to change the position or the text box size, you don't get a TEXT PREVIEW of your change. Why? And justifying is a trial and error affair.

b) input your text separately from the leader lines.  justify that in one text box (often not practical), or align separately.  Then add your leader lines.  EXCEPT, the leader line is so hard to use as to make this impossible.

c) use the keynote tools, which work well.   BUT, for certain types of drawings, you don't want a key note / database solution.

I will add another what I consider needed consistency--All the Field Value dimension settings NOT to be Layer Scale Dependent.

The Text Options Section dimensions are NOT based on the layer scale--the "Max Text Width" value

--a 2.5" max. width will still be 2.5" max. width regardless of the layer scale.

The Bubble Options dimensions are based on the Layer Scale (i.e. RR Corner Radius, and Text Margin)

Leader Options dimension are based on the layer scale (i.e. Shoulder Length) --(see screen capture reference)

It would be a great time saver to have all the callout settings values NOT based on the layer scale in the Callout PIO Settings dialog,

and the same values to display the same dimensions in the OIP

Also, if not mentioned thus far a "Save Settings" option would  be an additional time saver in the Callout PIO settings dialog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I could not find a work around, is Left Text Alignment when the leader is at the right of the CallOut PIO (see the  attached screen capture reference.) 1001996748_CalloutPIOSettings081319.thumb.png.6c4ad0a796eae2f3bf461880bca63c9a.png1532331083_CalloutPIOAlignment081319.thumb.png.60f04ee6094cfa0ab42568809dbfc417.png

An additional note for the Callout PIO Vertical Distribution:

"Equal distance between shoulder lines" as the only vertical distribution option fails vertical distribution purpose in more than a few possibilities...especially with details annotations. (see attached screen capture for more info)

458521183_CallOutPIOVecticalDistribution102119.thumb.png.b57099f77219a140a467647e72eaa643.png

Edited by GGC
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

@GGC THANK YOU. The inconsistency with which callouts respond or not respond to viewports of different scales is ridiculous. I waste so much time dealing with callout settings. I want them to always look the same regardless of viewport scale.

Add font size into this mix. I don't want my text twice as large in one viewport just because the scale is double. (This ties into copy/pasting, and also using the Create Similar Object function - they all need to work).

Every aspect of a Callout object should be able to be made Page Unit dependent. I want to set it once in a document and never think about it again. Currently I have to think about it multiple times per day.

• Like 3