Gadget

Callout text justification to leader line

Question

Please add another option besides (left right etc etc ) so that the text will justify too or away from the leader end. ūüôā

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

Prior to VW 2015, it used to this automatically. Then in 2015 they introduced the ability to manually set the "Horizontal Text Alignment" to Left/Center/Right/Justify; however this took away the ability to have it automatically adjust based on the direction of the leader, which I find SUPER annoying.

They should definitely add an "Auto" option to that field.

+10000

Yes please!!

My standard call out has justified text to the same side as the leader.  It used to be automated now I have to do it manually and it is very annoying.

While we're at making this tool more awesome - how about splitting it out to have a text callout (fixing the justifcation in the process!) and a keynote callout in the flyout menu? When you use keynotes for sections and elevations then switch over to text callouts for detailing, you have to go and set it all up again and vice versa. 

2021594628_Callout.thumb.png.f17be1915e096b75ed6594949d7fcc97.png

Edited by Aspect_Design
  • Like 1

Yes please!

After laying out and editing some call outs, especially if notes need to be changed the formatting can be a bit cumbersome to get it looking neat and tidy in a drawing set.

Rob

This tool does not seem exactly right.  When you justify to the opposite side of the leader - the text does not justify to the outermost control point - making is nearly impossible to line up the text.