BUG -Auto-Pan No Longer Working

Tom Klaber
Message added by PVA - Admin

Filed as VB-153889

Question

17 answers to this question

My dreams ended quickly.

1st because that moved into the Known Issue Area and

2nd because it does not work reliably in that new fashion.

Tested with Rectangle Tool fine first but Screen will jump when

in Line creation anyway(*). Just not controllable.

(*) So even an SP>0 embargo from my side would not really help ....

Edited by zoomer
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Tom Klaber said:

@zoomer haha.  BOOOOO - Zooomer booo.  I drag stuff around all the time.... I am detailing now and it is driving me CRAZY.  

It's making me bonkers. It apparently popped up right in the release build, as I would have stumbled over this heavily creating videos. 

I'm all for an option to disable the scrolling, but I needs my scrolling edges back.

• Like 2

If I drag hard to the left then the Auto-Pan will work, hard to the right, then it won't.  However, if I hover about 3-4mm away from the edge, (where my OIP is located) then it works fine(-ish)

Could this be an issue with the OIP. When I replace the OIP with the navigation Palette it all works as expected.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Correct, this SHOULD already be fixed as of 2019 SP2. But as mentioned above the mouse has to stop near the edge it can't just go over a palette, this is to prevent accidental scrolling, prevent scrolling when you mouse out of the drawing area to enter an OIP value, to another monitor, or if you have multiview enabled.

However, we have indeed decided that the auto scroll area is a bit too small and we will be changing the behavior again in the next SP to make it more comfortable like it used to be without still allowing for errors.

Hmmm, I see what you mean - it *kinda* works, but definitely not the same way that it used to. If you hover in that few-pixels-wide border zone near the edge of the screen, after a delay, it auto-pans. But that's very different from the previous behavior, which was activated as soon as the cursor reached the edge of the screen.

At the very minimum it would really be great if there was a toggle for something like this....trying to hover in that area with a trackpad or with a bunch of things snapping near the edge is rather tricky...

On 1/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, Dan Hoffman said:

Hmmm, I see what you mean - it *kinda* works, but definitely not the same way that it used to. If you hover in that few-pixels-wide border zone near the edge of the screen, after a delay, it auto-pans. But that's very different from the previous behavior, which was activated as soon as the cursor reached the edge of the screen.

At the very minimum it would really be great if there was a toggle for something like this....trying to hover in that area with a trackpad or with a bunch of things snapping near the edge is rather tricky...

Perhaps not only toggle but to allow adjustment in preferences of the time delay that initiates the auto scroll. This should help account for differences in mouse/trackball, etc. sensitivity settings.