Best way to Create a Large billowy Sail?

Yes, I would loft this in VW. I would draw a squiggly profile for the bottom, duplicate and modify that a few times for the internal profiles (you'll need to experiment a bit. Off set these left or right to create that swag feel. And then one more for the top that is flatter/thinner for the top hem/pleats. Better to modify the original base profile instead of drawing new ones as you are sure to keep the same number of points (this is important and will give you better lofts). 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EAlexander said:

Yes, I would loft this in VW. I would draw a squiggly profile for the bottom, duplicate and modify that a few times for the internal profiles (you'll need to experiment a bit. Off set these left or right to create that swag feel. And then one more for the top that is flatter/thinner for the top hem/pleats. Better to modify the original base profile instead of drawing new ones as you are sure to keep the same number of points (this is important and will give you better lofts). 

^ this is a good way to approach this. Lofting gives you good control over the size and shape.

Kevin