Timesheet / TimeCard ?

Ethan

Not so sure about creating a report as you mentioned, but I use this great program for billing and invoicing Clients which keeps an efficient simple record of time spent on a particular Project. I am a Mac person so it interfaces really well with the Mac Calendar program.  It is called 'OfficeTime'. Personally, I could not live without it.

Google it if you wish.  t does work on Windows machines as well.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks will do this, and has had this capability since (I think) the MiniCad days. 

In Vectorworks Preferences, enable :"Log Time in Program" (It's the second control on the Session tab.) 

Vectorworks will now write a text file to your user folder called "Vectorworks Log" that is a listing of major document events, See screenshot.002.png

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Robert Anderson said:

Vectorworks will do this, and has had this capability since (I think) the MiniCad days. 

In Vectorworks Preferences, enable :"Log Time in Program" (It's the second control on the Session tab.) 

Vectorworks will now write a text file to your user folder called "Vectorworks Log" that is a listing of major document events, See screenshot.002.png

Yes this has been great over the years. Works better if you have autosave set to operations not fixed time. Then you can scan time and get a sense of how intensely you were working.

However, I think Ethan might be asking for it to go one step further and do a daily summary

Ahh - I like it if I can do it with the Set to Operations on the autosave.

I often leave the file open overnight or whatever - so purely open / close would not really be indicative.

I was also thinking a simple excel style report where I could manually enter start/stop times and it could calculate hours.

I'll take a look at the log again though.

thanks 🙂