Amorphous - Julian

'SOFT GOODS' tool to also include 'roman blinds' etc, not just curtains

Question

We regularly use the 'soft-goods' tool (available in Spotlight) to create curtains for our project that requires window treatment. 

It would be so much more handy if it can include the following window treatment:

- Roller Blinds

- Venetian Blinds

- Roman Blinds

- Sliding Shutters

Edited by Amorphous
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hi @Amorphous it is indeed available to you.  You'll find it amongst the Detailing tools;  the icon with the steel beam.  Soft Goods icon is a blue looking ribbon with gold trim.

Hi Markvl- thanks 🙂
I do have the Soft Goods tool with my 'Designer' series, just wanted to make sure it is available to all other levels of users. 
Would be useful for everyone to be able to create the other window treatment types (as post above) easily.

Soft Goods is not really designed for window treatments.  it is designed to create theatrical and event fabric pieces.  you can use it to put in a simple curtain, but that is not really what it was created for.  What it sounds like you want is a window treatment tool.

Hi Rob, yes that is correct, we do stretch the possibility of the Soft Goods tool to suit the purpose of Window Treatment. 

So, whether it is extending the functions of the current Soft Goods tool or having a new Window Treatment tool, we'd love to see Roman Blinds, Venetian Blinds, Roller Blinds and Shutters easily created. 

we have an annual event here called innovation week.  I may work with some of my coworkers on a presentation for a window treatment too.