Sebastiaan

Toolset picture files.

Hi,

In 2018 I remade my custom workspace based on the Spotlight workspace. I have a lot of custom tools, shortcuts and menus. Now in 2019 there are new toolsets such as rigging and event design. 

I altered my workspace to have the same layout for the toolsets. However I would also like to have the same toolset pictures in my workspace. They seem to be hidden in the program so I cannot find them. And using a screenshot makes for a very blurry image. 

Would it be possible to make these toolset images available to those of us with custom workspaces? 

Sebastiaan

Anyone has any Idea? I can find lots of tool images, however not the general toolsets ones. Maybe VWX can make these availible?

Mac is different from Windows. 

NOTE: The following procedure can corrupt Vectorworks if you do it incorrectly. Proceed at your own risk.

The Vectorworks app is a "package" file. Right click the Vectorworks App icon and choose "Show Package Contents". Vectorworks will open up a folder showing its contents. Warning: You do not want to change anything in this folder. Open up the Resources folder, and there will be a file (a big one) called Vectorworks.vwr. Option-drag a copy of this file to your desktop and close the Vectorworks App package window (whew!)

Change the name of the desktop "Vectorworks.VWR" file to "Vectorworks.ZIP". It will turn into a folder. Open this folder up and have at it. Unless I miss my guess, the stuff you're looking for is in the subfolder /Images/Tools/. 

• Like 1

I took a look at the workspace (.VWW) files. It looks like all the toolset icons are directly stored as base64-encoded ASCII. It's been quite a while since I played with base64 encoding.  I copied and pasted some of the encoded text and used the MacOS Terminal command line to convert to an icon. Here's my result 🙂 :icon.png

It looks like my icon has been hit by Hurricane Florence. 

Anyway, the raw data is all there, and it's a single line in the Terminal editor to convert a base64 file. If you have all of it, that is. For more on this, see:

https://drewsymo.com/2016/05/09/simple-base64-encode-decode-on-mac-osx-linux-with-openssl/

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Robert Anderson said:

I took a look at the workspace (.VWW) files. It looks like all the toolset icons are directly stored as base64-encoded ASCII. It's been quite a while since I played with base64 encoding.  I copied and pasted some of the encoded text and used the MacOS Terminal command line to convert to an icon. Here's my result 🙂 :icon.png

It looks like my icon has been hit by Hurricane Florence. 

Anyway, the raw data is all there, and it's a single line in the Terminal editor to convert a base64 file. If you have all of it, that is. For more on this, see:

https://drewsymo.com/2016/05/09/simple-base64-encode-decode-on-mac-osx-linux-with-openssl/

Hey this is working! didn't use terminal but found a online tool that decodes and give the pic as download http://base64online.org/decode/#

Both the low res as the retina picture are present in the code. 

Learned something new and have what I want, thank you very much!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sebastiaan said:

Hey this is working! didn't use terminal but found a online tool that decodes and give the pic as download http://base64online.org/decode/#

Both the low res as the retina picture are present in the code. 

Learned something new and have what I want, thank you very much!

Want to share them? 😁

7 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Want to share them? 😁

Sure! These are the pics for rigging and event design. They where the ones I was looking for.

Rigging@2x.png

Rigging.png

Eventdesign@2x.png

Eventdesign.png

• Like 2