VW 2019 -- BEWARE Upgrade

donlb55

Question

9 minutes ago, Daimon said:

It's a Mac Pro on High sierra, I've sent everything to VW and they still can't fix it - I think I should get a refund for this years licence, but haven't got the time! My view ports all have black backgrounds and it means re setting every page from scratch,

This one is pretty frustrating.

I have the same problem. 

For me 2 solutions work:

- removing the user folder of vw 2019.

Vw then automatically makes a new one and this solves the black background problem. You have to put back all you personal settings for your workspace so this can be time consuming. For me personally a no-go, but.it works.

- if you set your open gl viewports to a white background instead of none you have relatively quick fix. The viewports then render as crisps as always. Using the similar selection tool lets you select al viewports quickly and edit them quickly.

Hope this helps a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

- removing the user folder of vw 2019.

Vw then automatically makes a new one and this solves the black background problem. You have to put back all you personal settings for your workspace so this can be time consuming. For me personally a no-go, but.it works.

Have you tried removing the user folder, but copying your custom workspace back? While I'm not certain, I doubt the problem has to do with your custom workspace.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

This one is pretty frustrating.

- if you set your open gl viewports to a white background instead of none you have relatively quick fix. The viewports then render as crisps as always. Using the similar selection tool lets you select al viewports quickly and edit them quickly.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Gotta love a workaround this simple. Thanks man.

18 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Have you tried removing the user folder, but copying your custom workspace back? While I'm not certain, I doubt the problem has to do with your custom workspace.

This works. At the moment i have no black backgrounds when i render in Opengl.

But i had to redo stuff like the location where all my VW autosave files go to.

That`s probably for all plugin as well?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:
23 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

This works. At the moment i have no black backgrounds when i render in Opengl.

But i had to redo stuff like the location where all my VW autosave files go to.

That`s probably for all plugin as well?

Ok, good.

Yes. Other user settings would need to be redone.

If you have third party plug-ins, you would need to copy them over too. As far as other plug-in settings, most plug-in defaults are at the application level and are stored in the document when first used. Since they are stored in the document, template files can also store them.