2019 Crash

chris cox

Question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Close Vectorworks, then disconnect the smaller display entirely from the back of your machine. Download and install the following driver update:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/137614/en-us

Reboot your machine completely, then relaunch Vectorworks and let me know if the problem recurs. If it seems fine for a while, reconnect the monitor and see if it happens again only after reconnecting it.

3 hours ago, Alejo said:

i'm having a similar problem, when i try to open some files vectorworks 2019 shut down inmediatly without any error message

Close all running applications and install the following driver for your graphics card:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/138697

Reboot your machine after it completes, then try opening those same files again, let me know the results.

12 hours ago, Bex000 said:

I am also finding this problem... Vector lasts about 5 minutes then just disappears!

Have emailed Jim.. but wondering whether anyone else can help..?

Thanks. 

Very likely a driver issue if its simply vanishing, you can do the following in the meantime:

And if you have both integrated intel graphics as well as dedicated graphics, update them BOTH. If you have any trouble with this, email me directly with that dxdiag file (I also requested this in the direct message) and I can get you the exact needed links.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CLee said:

I'm having the same problem - have tried updating intel graphics driver. Can you help? Thanks

DxDiag.txt

That graphics card is very likely to be below the minimum requirements for the most recent version of Vectorworks, but this is the latest driver for that graphics card and updating it is worth a shot:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

That graphics card is very likely to be below the minimum requirements for the most recent version of Vectorworks, but this is the latest driver for that graphics card and updating it is worth a shot:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Thanks. Tried that and it said this system is too old to install the new driver. Can I revert to an older version of Vectorworks? 2017 has run fine before on this machine. I've just set up my new VWX student account, picked 2019 and uninstalled the old version to avoid conflict - is there a way of installing 2017 again?

• Like 1

The same installer and serial you used before should work, I think older versions can still be kept active even if you have later versions of an EDU license. Tech@vectorworks.net should be able to get you your older serial number as well as an appropriate download link for 2017 if you no longer have one or the other.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

The same installer and serial you used before should work, I think older versions can still be kept active even if you have later versions of an EDU license. Tech@vectorworks.net should be able to get you your older serial number as well as an appropriate download link for 2017 if you no longer have one or the other.

Thanks

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Julia Rahmani said:

Hi Jim, when I try to open Vectorworks 2019, it starts loading but doesn't respond. What do I do? Can you have a look? MacBook.spx Thanks.

That laptop looks to only have an integrated graphics card, and is below our minimum system requirements. It's very unlikely you'll be able to get Vectorworks working on that machine at all. You might have luck checking with tech@vectorworks.net but they may tell you the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Julia Rahmani said:

Very strange, because I just tried starting it up again and now it works 🙂 In case I have any further issues I will get in touch with tech support. Many thanks.

Please do this! Go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display and change the Navigation Graphics option to Best Compatibility. That MIGHT keep things running more smoothly on that hardware.

I have a pretty stout computer that I use to do my drafting. It seems like no matter what I do if I open more than one relatively simple drawing it immediately crashes. Every crash happens with no error message or anything to let me know why. I keep all software and hardware fully up to date.

When I get into more complex technical line drawings my computer also just cannot process them and vectorworks just freezes completely and won't shut off until I reboot.

Hope to get this figured out because in the middle of a big tour design I'm a little sick of praying that auto save is doing its job when everything shuts off. If I need a different processor, graphics card, memory, mouse, chair, anything i'll get it. 

DxDiag.txt