2D Components for Hybrid Objects - Wishes

Kevin McAllister

Question

I've been playing around with 2d Components for Hybrid Objects a bit today. Here are some wishes from my experience so far -

1. Generate 2d from 3d Component should be a button in the floating palette as well as a contextual menu item. Like so -

371446065_ScreenShot2018-09-16at11_33_25AM.thumb.png.d219a41e7c97278661d6e174a0c13901.png

2. It would be great to have an option to generate a section cut in the Generate 2d from 3d Component dialog when you're editing the Top Cut / Front Cut / Left Cut. Right now generating from 3d for a section component give you the same rendering options as it does for standard 2d view components. I'd prefer just to get the outline shape and ideally I'd like to choose a cutting plane and have it generate a section cut outline.

3. Its weird that when a component is autocreated as dashed hidden line that the hidden lines show up without a line or fill style. Maybe they should autoclass?

4. Could there be a way to automatically create at least a top component when creating a symbol?

5. The new floating palette needs to obey standard palette rules. I should be able to save its position. If its going to pin itself to a fixed position in the upper left corner of the drawing area then really it should appear in a ribbon space below the mode bar or another fixed position in the interface. Because of my own setup I get it piled on top of my tools which isn't ideal.

1485925199_ScreenShot2018-09-16at11_42_41AM.thumb.png.0d2e773ebe52ba97d63d7edec80991d9.png

I tried saving its position but that doesn't work. The other floating palette in VW2019, Surface Sculpting, remembers the last position it was placed in, which is better.

6. The palette needs to remember its "Show Other" setting. I found myself constantly switching it to 3D.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 answer to this question