VW 2019 and OSX 10.14

B Cox

Hi 

I'm wondering if Nemetscheck is testing VW2019 with OSX 10.14.  Last year they didn't test it thoroughly and failed to advise VW 2018 users NOT to upgrade to OSX 10.13 and I had to downgrade VW after 1 week of release to keep working.

I hope their business communications will be better this year.

It has always been sound advice to NOT immediately upgrade to a new macOS version as soon as it is released. Based on what Vw has already said about issues running Vw2018 on 10.14 Beta versions, I don’t imagine that it will be any different this year.

You would be well advised to not upgrade to 10.14 until Vw has had a chance to fully test 2019 against it.

1 hour ago, B Cox said:

Hi 

I'm wondering if Nemetscheck is testing VW2019 with OSX 10.14.  Last year they didn't test it thoroughly and failed to advise VW 2018 users NOT to upgrade to OSX 10.13 and I had to downgrade VW after 1 week of release to keep working.

I hope their business communications will be better this year.

There is a technical bulletin here -

Neither VW2018 or VW2019 are compatible at this point.

Kevin

• Laugh 1

I don't have very high hopes for their support for Mojave. Yes, it is still in BETA but it is very solid and there are a lot of other companies that seem to have been able to validate their apps against it. VW is always late to the party and that makes it hard for those of us that HAVE to be on Mojave for reasons other than just VW. But I suspect I know what it is not a big focus for them and claiming to be waiting for a final to do the validation just does not fly!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I first downloaded and installed Vectorworks 2019 to my iMac Pro running High Sierra. Tried to use it with various files with several issues so went back to 2018 and will wait for the first update. Then, not learning my lesson, I downloaded and installed Mojave. Both 2018 and 2019 had major performance and display issues. So, I went back to High Sierra, a major process, and will now check here before updating either again! 

• Like 2