Spotlight numbering: one more increment option

Sebastiaan

Question

I am very excited about the spotlight numbering tool. I solves most of my annoyances with instrument numbering. 

There is just one more thing that would make this great new tool fabulous: The option to trigger the increment of one used field by the "limit restart at" of another used field. 

So if I were to set the field Circuit Number to restart at 6 (a soca multicable) then this would trigger the field Circuit name to increment by the set value for this field. 

Then I would not have to go back to the Spotlight Numbering tool after each soca is full, but just continue numbering as long as I need to.

This could look like another check box saying: Increment at Limit Restart of field: (and then a drop down holding each field that has a "Limit Restart at" set

• Like 4

7 answers to this question

Guest Yordan Kostadinov

Hello @LenLindhout,

For now you can use the Number of units per increment field. In your example, if Circuit Number restarts at 6 and increments by 1, you have to enter 6 in Number of units per increment for the Circuit name field.

In Vectorworks 2020 we have improved address numbering, that is related with the DMX Patch command.

We will consider your proposal for Numbering improvements in future versions.

Thank you,

Yordan

1 hour ago, Yordan Kostadinov said:

Hello @LenLindhout,

For now you can use the Number of units per increment field. In your example, if Circuit Number restarts at 6 and increments by 1, you have to enter 6 in Number of units per increment for the Circuit name field.

In Vectorworks 2020 we have improved address numbering, that is related with the DMX Patch command.

We will consider your proposal for Numbering improvements in future versions.

Thank you,

Yordan

hi Yordan,

we are aware of the “restart at function”. 

the request is that for instance the Circuit name can Increment at the moment of restart at of the Circuit Number. So we don’t have to manually enter the next circuit name. 

this could be useful in other fields that have a close relation just as Circuit number and circuit name. 

On 12/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, Sebastiaan said:

hi Yordan,

we are aware of the “restart at function”. 

the request is that for instance the Circuit name can Increment at the moment of restart at of the Circuit Number. So we don’t have to manually enter the next circuit name. 

this could be useful in other fields that have a close relation just as Circuit number and circuit name. 

in 2020 this functionality was added to Universe and DMX address. This is great already! The universe can increment upon the restart of the DMX address. 

I would love to see it extended to at least the circuit number and Circuit name. They are related to each other just like universe and DMX address.