Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Story Elevation on marionette

C.Miguel

Hi,

I did a marionette script using some DomC script (thanks to him) to setting up quickly all the classes, layers and stories and get the good setup for every project I Would have. I got the class, layer and story creation working fine. My problem come when I want to setup the story elevation. I was using the function (vs.SetStoryElevation)seems not working. My next step would be to set every layers with the correct story, I guess using ( vs.AssociateLayerWithStory). Could you help me to find what I'm doing wrong...kind of new user.

You will find enclosed my file.

Thanks

StoryElevation.jpg

ClasseListe.vwx

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @C.Miguel- sorry for the late response but I think I have discovered a bug in the story setup commands. I have attached a file that works, but it is important that you set up storys BEFORE you create classes. This is one of the few things that have a set order of operations in Vectorworks. I would also recommend you add in the command CreateStoryLayerTemplate and use that to create your layers, not creating them first and then associating them to a story. 

The bug I noticed is something to do with units. The document units of the attached file are millimeters, and the command seems to work as millimeters, but if it is set to different document units, it still reads the number as millimeters. I will file a bug but until then I would recommend creating your scripts to set up files using millimeters and then change the document units after running the script.

Create Storys mm.vwx

• Like 1

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your answer. The file works great...And I will follow the steps to create first Story and then classes, didn't know that.

For the unit, it doesn't matter for the moment, I will wait the bug solved and will process has you said.

Thanks again for your solution.