Solid Object Type Problems with Boolean Commands

naomi3

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to add or subtract from various solids and extrusions. I'm finding that depending on the type of object they will not union or subtract. If for example; I want to union (add solid) a generic solid or extrusion to a solid addition or solid subtraction, the Model> Add Solids / Subtract Solids... will be greyed out and I cannot run the command.

I have a 3D AutoCAD background, so in my previous experience you could union most types of solids fairly easily in AutoCAD. This either is not the case in VWs or I just don't know the correct procedure. Can you only run certain boolean commands on certain types of solids / extrusions??

This is quite frustrating as I am new to VWs & know I would not have this issue in AutoCAD 3D. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Naomi.

2 hours ago, naomi3 said:

I'm finding that depending on the type of object they will not union or subtract. If for example; I want to union (add solid) a generic solid or extrusion to a solid addition or solid subtraction, the Model> Add Solids / Subtract Solids... will be greyed out and I cannot run the command.

I have not seen limitations.

One thing I remember when I started with VW is that I was very frustrated

when Solid Add/Substract where greyed, that they have to be on the same

Layer !

If you came from ACAD,

ACAD Layers are Classes in VW. And VW Layers are something non existing in ACAD.