Tom Klaber

2019 Space Labels Unclassable

Question

It seems that the spaces labels in my spaces in my file when converted to 2019 have lost their class.  I have it set up so I have 2 labels - one for plans, and 1 for RCPs, both are not visible and neither can be turned off by the class that is set in the setting.  

7 answers to this question

Yep, I'm having the same problem. Just posted a new topic about it.. and digging around.  This appears to be the only problem I'm having with converting 2018 files to 2019..... so far.

It is somewhat solvable in the fact that you can use the new Data Tag tool instead of the built-in space labels.  This is what I ultimately decided to do was replace all of them in the annotations.

Ah ok!  Thanks for this.   Data Tag was the key.   I used the Data Tag in the Design Layer, and it works the same way as I was originally using space labels. The only issue I'm having now is that you have to keep the 2d space boundary on in order to edit the information showing in the tag.  I'll just have to create another class so I can hide the 2d boundary in viewports.

One head scratcher though is why did they keep Space Labels in the Space Tool if it isn't functional and they want us to use Data Tags for everything?

This is driving me crazy and causing major problems for our sets!!!  I hope this is fixed soon!

• Like 1