2019 - Site Model Contours do not display

bpsabatier

Downloaded and installed VW2019... I have been working on a site model in 2018 and having some issues, and was hoping for some improvement here.  When opened in 2019, the 2D display of contours is no longer visible.  Checked classes, layers, etc., no luck.  Completely gone.  The only thing visible is the Flow arrows.  3D display is fine, which allowed me to continue to work on the model, but now that I am ready to print out my results, I cannot do so.

Very frustrating.....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display and change Navigation Graphics to Best Compatibility, then restart Vectorworks and reopen that file, do you see the contours? If you go to file > Export > Export PDF, do you see them in the resulting pdf? 

So, I started a new file, did a quick rectangle and converted to a site, pushed and pulled to create contours (nice addition, by the way), and went to 2d view and it displays the contours.  Then I copied and pasted the existing site from the other drawing, and nothing shows up in the display except for the flow arrows again.  I am attaching that file so you can see the two side by side.

I can direct message the other file to you if still needed.

Thanks for your help.

Untitled 1.vwx

@Jim Wilson In that same file, I entered the site model, copied out the 3D polygons, exited, then pasted the polygons to recreate the site.  Problem solved... it now shows the 2D contours.  Now I just have to copy that back into the previous drawing, delete the old site, and hope that the existing modifiers will apply correctly to the new site model.

I'll update you once I get this recreated.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

After submitting the file to engineering:

"It turns out that the Site model's 'Maximum Elevation' is not high enough for calculating the contours. The old height was set to 100' and a height of 229' was needed to display them."

Does it still display with that max height in 2018 however? Or did the file conversion seem to change that value?