User Groups

At least you have a user group. In the UK, which I would assume to have a fair few users, there appears to be nothing.

I realise this may bring back replies "well sounds like you need to start one"

I'd love to, but I'm more concerned with getting my freelance design business up together at the moment. After being employed these last couple of years I need to rebuild my client base.

If there is one and it's hiding please let me know !!

Alan

Jonathon

There are some inherent problem with User Grouops.

1. A lot of VW users don't know what they don't know. Therefore they see liitle to be gained.

2. There have been cases when questions are being asked on behalf of offices or non-members who can't be bothered attending.

3. There are training sessions which having done them once, they are not worth repeating (the attendance that is) in subsequent years.... I suppose I am saying that having done it once and used the information gained, you are now an expert! So you loose experienced users.

4. What I think is needed to make a User Group effective, meaningful and valued by VW users is to make it into a community of VW users. Thus I think often the open sessions are more valued by more experienced users. It should be a forum where users swap ideas, sahre problems, swop tools and techniques etc.

That is it for now.

Don

Don Wood - Architect

donw@amcom.co.nz

we are getting regular people to come to the user groups, i just want to get more.

here we have one month where we do a Q&A session. The next month we will have a training session, a structured session where we cover a specific topic. For this session i provide notes and exericses.

Next year we will be going back to basics to cover topics like:

- how to use layers and classes

- Into to 3D modelling

- how to draw a quick house

- how to make a library