Title Block and Revisions

Hi,

Since up-grading to VW2018 I've been struggling with revision data.  In VW2017 I was able to choose to display a revision block in the info palette and add the data very simply through the info palette.  However in VW2018 although I can add version details though the info dialogue I can't find how to display it on the title block.

I was hoping that there might be a simple how-to guide on Youtube but can't find one.  Any help gratefully accepted.

Tim

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Tim,

You could display revisions by linking 'Text in Title Block' objects from "Edit Title Block Layout" to Revision Data parameters (Number, Date, etc.). For example, you could see how revisions are displayed for "My Custom Title Block" style.

If you want to, I could attach example file here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nikolay, 

I've managed to almost crack the new title block layout and now the only thing I can't get quite right is the issue sheet after watching a very good webinar on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFLNVWW0pyE

The issue data is reflected on the issue sheet but I'm not able to get the revision data to percolate through.

I've prepared a sample project with 3 sheets with different issue and revision data and an issue sheet can you see what I've done wrong?

Tim

Test Title block:issue.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Tim,

Here is what the worksheet reports display:

Project Issue History - Dots if the Issue from that column is included in the issues of the TBB object from that row.

Project Revision History - The Number of the latest Revision that was created, before the creating of the Issue being displayed. For example, if you add Revision with number 'A' and after that you add Issue for the same TBB with Number '1', it will have its Current Revision Number set to 'A' and this will be displayed in Project Revision History worksheet for that issue of that TBB.

For the attached file, if you recalculate the worksheets you will see that some of the Issues you have created, already have 'Current Revision Number' set and it will be displayed in Project Revision History worksheet.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov