Andrew Davies

Vectorworks 2019 release date

16 minutes ago, Andrew Davies said:

Ok. Whose money is on a release of v2019 tomorrow? (Tuesday)

Until 5 minutes ago my money was on next week. But I just noticed that VW2019 serial numbers have appeared in Service Select....

My current guess is Wednesday partly because tomorrow is September 11th and because Jim said he needed another Tuesday to compile change log notes....

Kevin

Unlikely for me. Would be 9/11

So Friday evening east coast time for VSS and sept 18 for the rest.

While a release after Mojave means VW Mojave ready ...

My fav new feature would be .... simultaneous release of international and localised versions. For us down under we might get it in late Nov/December.. 😑

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

Our office is looking to only be in for some severe thunderstorms so far, but many just south of us will not be so lucky. Err on the side of caution, all.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-stay-safe-during-a-hurricane-1798391969

It looks like you're on the leading edge given the way a hurricane turns..... it may be a wet one.

Kevin

The Rocky Mountain range nearby often causes some odd behavior with the big storms in our area, they can deflect sharp north or south once they hit them. Social Media seems to be offering it's own solutions...

9-32-sep-suse-all-of-our-fans-at-12-36158105.png

Dubious results at best.

• Like 1

Guess I was wrong!   Doesn’t look like it is today. I just assumed that as there was no Teaser today it would mean it would be the released today. 

Oh well

Stay safe anyone in the path of that hurricane. 

Andrew 

Jeez! Its a cracking looking update - Autoturn was a surprise and I'm certainly glad I didn't fork out for a subscription!

But sigh... but how long for Aus/NZ to get our grubby paws on it 😶

Downloading now.  Early flight to Barcelona (from London) for a recce, so I can fiddle with it on the plane.

Looking forward to trying out layer tags etc

Played with it a bit so far. The sheet layer navigation is so snappy! The offset snap highlighting for camera viewports is fixed. You can direct edit and reorder title block border fields which is awesome. I'll be curious to see Jim's summary of the hidden improvements.

Kevin

• Like 1

Still looking for that big ticket item (maybe I missed it)

Edited by barkest

3 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

'll be curious to see Jim's summary of the hidden improvements.

It is SO ready!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I'm sure that every scenic designer out there is going to use the site model from boundary feature to sculpt irregular organic platform shape

Gulp - sounds like a nightmare for us Project Managers who have to get these things built!

• Like 2