cEarth

if a dirty bomb was set off then the area then you could plot wind direction and message cell phones to avoid wind direction and direct to decontamination zones...

ok...so having been involved with some lite disaster relief work I know that the most critical things are (for those in charge) mapping the area and managing all the resources involved...

• 8 months later...

so a company has developed a system to work with First Responders providing a cloud based cEarth type of thing...for crisis management...

the point is, that if these people build their whole company on a cloud based system then are not all the concerns of cloud based cad gone? 

unless I'm missing something...

Edited by digitalcarbon
  • 7 months later...

Have you tried using QGIS? - its FOSS and much friendlier both in interface and user communities than Arc. I just do the basics in it but i'll do anything you want. I tried a trial of Arc but found it impenetrable, and even if I got good at it could never afford the full package - here it's at least NZ$12000 plus annual fees. Whereas QGIS is free and just works.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...