Paste Remembers Classes

Hi all,

I'm working in a company where we often copy linework / symbols / groups between files, but when pasted into the new file it copies the classes that those objects are on, is there a way to turn off this setting (similar to the check box "paste remembers layer" in InDesign) which would default any newly copied objects onto the class that is currently active? I ask because we often end up with an enormous number of classes and multiple classes (with slightly different names) for information that should all be on the same class. I know we should really have a template or some naming conventions to prevent that, but in the meantime are there any other solutions?

• Like 1

A work around is to convert the selected objects to the none class before copying them.  Once copied undo the conversion so the selected objects revert back to their original class. The copied objects will stay in the clipboard in the none class and you can paste them into another file. 

Edited by Boh
  • Like 2