sjordan_

Changing stage colour

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Vectorworks Spotlight (3D) as I have only used it for floor plans previously.

I understand how to create a stage but once I have created it, it will not give me the option to change the colour of the stand in the object info panel.

Also changing the class colour in attributes doesn't make a difference either.

Please help?!

Sam

Sam -

All of the staging tools' 3D colors are determined by Renderworks Textures.  To change 1 or more of the colors, edit the appropriate Texture - or, create your own and choose the "Custom Texture" option for the part you want to change.

Make sense???

• Like 1

@C. Andrew Dunning Yes, that does completely make sense but it just doesn't change the texture at all?? The stage just remains black...

What could possibly be the issue? I'm convinced it is something simple.

Thanks

Sam  

What rendering mode are you trying?  Texture color differences will be seen in Final Quality Renderworks and OpenGL.

Take a look 2 the attached file.  I applied custom textures to all of the parts except the top.  For that, I changed the definition of "vsBlkDeckTexture" to be blue instead of black.

That help?

StageColorDemo.vwx

• Like 1

@C. Andrew Dunning I've opened it and can see that textures you have mentioned.

Can you briefly explain the steps you have done to do this as I am not sure.

I think what worries me is that I cannot change the colour in the object info and not sure where to go from there.

Thank you so much.

Sam 

Edited by sjordan_

To apply custom Textures:  In the "3D Options" dialog, choose "Custom Texture" for the appropriate piece.  The Texture chooser pop-up will be enabled.  Pick the Texture you want.

To edit an existing Texture definition:  In the Resource Manager, make sure "All Resources" or "Renderworks Textures" are visible.  Right-click on the one you want to change, and choose "Edit."  Then make changes to the desired shader, in this case, "Color."  When finished, click "OK" and you should see the effects of the changes you made.

• Love 1

...and make sure you have lighting levels that are bright enough to “see” the results. If it’s too dark, all you will see is a black stage regardless. 

• Like 1