Moving Instrument to empty folder in RB

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is a workaround- but i am reorganising my Resource browser and have created a bunch of empty folders to re-sort my existing symbols into, however it appears i can move a symbol from the root folder into a folder which already has other objects in, but if i try and drop it into a newly named and empty folder, it just won't move. The folder doesn't appear with a [right-click] {move} and the items just go straight to the root folder if you try and drag and drop? Im on build SP4- 435714.

Are the folders you created the correct folder type? When you click on the folder, the Resource Manager will show its type in the upper right hand preview box. If you're viewing by icon you will also see the different folder types have different icons. I'm pretty sure symbols will only go into symbol folders and the move dialog will only show the appropriate folder type for whatever you're trying to move.

I don't think there's a way to change a folder type. You would need to delete and remake the folder as a different type if this is the issue.

Kevin