Dongle ID

Hi folks,

I haven't been able to find this information in any help manual or from Vision itself. I'm trying to renew Vision after it's expired which requires the Dongle ID. I can't find my dongle ID... well, anywhere. If anyone knows how to retrieve this information from the dongle, that'd be most appreciated. I haven't used Vision in 6 months but I have a project that I need to finish by Wednesday and I can't wait for Vectorworks support to reopen on Tuesday morning. 

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can give me

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey Zach - Sorry for the delay, we were out for Labor Day. You can go to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html to find your dongle ID, it will be listed under "Key ID" when your dongle is plugged in. The dongle ID isn't always 100% necessary, it mostly helps in situations where someone in an organization registers the license under their name and someone else tries to renew. (Searching for Zach Moore won't pull anything up if Dave Smith registered it and didn't include any company info). 

I usually see people writing the ID on the dongle, I often use a label maker to tag it. You mainly need the ID for renewing and requesting fixtures.