jgmrussell

2018 MBP and VW

Hi all, 

I'm updating my system to a 2018 2.6 MBP and also going from VW2014 to 2018 with 2018 Interiorcad also. Are there any hardware other issues that are known? Hopefully nor, but checking in anyway. 

Thanks.

If you can - upgrade the graphics card. The more graphics memory the better. 

Vectorworks is using the graphics card more and more so definitely worth doing. 

General consensus is that 16GB RAM is plenty unless you’re running lots of heavyweight apps at the same time. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Andrew Davies

Hi Andrew, I did go with higher graphics Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB ram and 32GB ram. Will be downloading VW 2018 soon and will see how it interacts, hopefully no issues. 

Thanks,

John

Great. Good luck with it all. 

Come back here if you need help at all. Good bunch of people on this forum. 

v2019 of Vectorworks out soon which will make more use of that graphics card too. My money is on 11th September for release date. 

John,

I am considering upgrading my macpro to a 2018 Macbook Pro like yours. Would like hear how yours is working.

Bob

Edited by rjtiedeman