Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
Nik

Phantom Records

I have a file that has "phantom" records.  They only seem to appear when I "Export Database..."  of that particular Record Format. If I do a search for them using the information that's in a field nothing is selected.  If I generate a worksheet within VW the "phantom records" don't appear as lines in the worksheet. 

Any thoughts?

That gets rid of all the records not just the ones without an associated object.

I have records within the file that are not associated to an object, best as I can tell.

Just speculating here, but could these be record definitions and not actual records.

When you go to the data tab of say a symbol and there you find record definitions which can be associated/attached to the symbol by checking the adjacent box. When you search for records it will seek and find the ones attached objects and from there you can extract the stored data. But the definitions themselves contain no data other than their format and are stored in another place much like symbol definitions waiting to be copied and attached to some location on (or in) a layer.