Trainings in/near Seattle?

I'm new to Vectorworks and am looking to learn Spotlight for my job (the training would likely be company sponsored). Does anybody know where I could find training resources in/near the Seattle area? I'd ideally like to supplement any online courses with some in-person training (if not do all in-person training), and can't find anything on the Vectorworks website closer than San Francisco. 

Alternately, has anyone had experience with the custom trainings or 1:1 training they offer? Costs? Quality? Any info is much appreciated! 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Welcome @cleonidas!

While I don't know of any in-person training in Seattle per se, I can recommend that you start out by doing relevant the Getting Started Guides here. These will give you a good introductory knowledge to using Vectorworks.

Another great head start into using Vectorworks for Entertainment and Events is the Spotlight Virtual Training that Vectorworks itself offers. Keep an eye on the training calendar for upcoming dates. I have done the course myself and it's superb.

In addition to the training above, another very good resource to have on hand is the Entertainment Design manual by @Kevin Allen.

I hope that information helps.

-Neil

• Like 1

Hi, @cleonidas - Welcome to the Forum and to the wide world of Vectorworks.

Next Seattle Vectorworks User Group meeting is Sept 28, 12:30 to 3:30. Here is the announcement link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-vectorworks-user-group-meeting-tickets-49551292249

Please join us if convenient.  Attendees usually include one or two veteran Spotlight users.  Networking with local users is often a great training and support option.

Vectorworks now has a local representative, Jeff Gering, who can provide contacts and schedules for Vectorworks, Inc training as well as  local schools and training programs. His job title emphasizes arch and LA, but he is knowledgeable about the Spotlight module, too.  Feel free to contact him:

JEFF GERING

REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER ‑ ARCHITECTURE AND LANDSCAPE

TEL: 888.646.4223 ext. 433

JGering@vectorworks.net

Also, check your Forum PM

-B (Seattle User Group Leader)