Lighting Fixture Class names won't change

Jberres

Having an issue in VW 2018 Current service pack and maybe what i'm trying to do is not an option. But i've been trying to change class of few of my fixture in a plot. IE. Ground package, Aerial, etc. And when i change the class of the fixture, it keeps it's original class name (Spotlight Lighting Device) but will react with the new class name. So if i hide my ground package class, all those units will hide on the design layers. But when i go over to a view port on a sheet layer they will not hide. unless I hide the Spotlight Lighting Device class. Just curious if this is a bug, or does VW not allow a fixture to have is class name changed. 

“Spotlight Lighting Device” isn’t a default class, so this seems particular to your setup. 

First check your Spotlight settings. You can set Lighting Devices to be a specific class, the class you choose, or a class based on a field value. 

Also make sure you distinguish between container classes and contained classes. Classes assigned to containers (symbols, groups, plug-in objects ) affect visibility of everything inside them, like a master. The components of each lighting symbol can contain several classes, usually for graphic uniformity or control of detail visibility. Some of the visibility control you see could be do to classes assigned to parts of the Lighting g Devoce rather than the class of the Lighting Device instance on the page. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...